Assistant professor, Department of Italian Studies
ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2019 16:00 – Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK7
University of Warsaw Warsaw, 26 September 2018
Faculty of Modern Languages
WNF – 120/229/2018
of the Faculty of Modern Languages, University of Warsaw invites applications for the position of
Assistant Professor at the Department of Italian Studies.
Number of positions – one
Job status – full time
Type of contract – permanent
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in art. 109 paragraph 1 of the Act on Higher Education of July 27, 2005 (consolidated text: Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2183, as amended) and who meet the requirements: a PhD in Italian literary studies; excellent knowledge of Italian and Polish (in the case of a foreign candidate, it is required to provide a declaration of enrolment in Polish language classes, taught by Polonicum UW, as well as to regularly sit the exams organised thereby, to a level of B2 or higher); a curriculum vitae proving adequate education, interests, and work experience, including experience in the field of organisational work; presentation of the candidate’s scientific achievements: a list of publications, conference speeches, grants, prizes, other important information; attaching three publications that the candidate considers the best examples of his or her scientific achievements; demonstration of pronounced teaching skills and interests; teaching practice at the academic level (documented teaching experience, documentation of assessment by students is required); a written presentation of plans for the candidate’s own teaching and research development during employment (and possibly, long-term plans) related to academic work in the field of literary studies, translation studies, cultural studies, and the candidate’s own scientific and teaching proposals. As part of the contest procedure, the candidate may be asked to hold a class on a topic of his or her choice in Italian.
Candidates are asked to submit the following documents:
- Letter of application to His Magnificence – two copies
- Attached Information on the processing of personal data (information clause and consent clause)
- PhD diploma
- Professional CV – two copies
- Filled-in personal data form – two copies and two photos
- List of publications – two copies
- Letter of reference from professor or a person who holds a PhD diploma
- Other important information and documents regarding the candidate’s interests and qualifications (at the candidate’s own discretion)
Applications should be delivered in person or sent by post to the following address: Sekretariat Katedry Italianistyki Wydziału Neofilologii Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego /Warszawa, ul. Oboźna 8/; opening hours: 9am – 3pm except Saturdays and holidays. The deadline for submitting documents is
January 31st, 2019. Expected date of competition result is February 28th, 2019. The Competition Committee reserves the right to respond only to selected applications by e-mail and to record the interview in minutes. The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure for academic teachers under the Statute of the University of Warsaw.
Positive result of this competition is the ground for further proceedings of full time employment on the basis of art. 118 paragraph 1 and 2 of the Act on Higher Education.
Faculty of Modern Languages
Professor Maria Dakowska
information on the processing of personal data
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw.
I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.
(place and date) (signature of the person applying for employment)