The 28th edition of the Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe (ConSOLE) will be held between January 29-31 2020 at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. ConSOLE aims at providing graduate students and early-career researchers with the opportunity to present their research in linguistics to an international audience.
This year the program also includes a satellite event comprised of a tutorial on Computational Linguistics.
Graduate students and early-career researchers are invited to submit abstracts for both oral presentations (20 minutes plus additional 10 minutes for discussion) and poster presentations. We invite papers from both theoretical and empirical approaches across all linguistic fields, e.g. Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics, Morphology, Phonology, Phonetics, and methodologies, e.g, formal, experimental and/or computational. Thus, although ConSOLE has traditionally been a forum for generative approaches to natural language study, papers not included within this approach are highly welcomed.
The deadline for submitting a paper is September 8, 2019, 23:59 CET. We expect to notify authors in mid November 2019.
- Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being single-authored.
- Abstracts are limited to a maximum of 2 pages (including references, examples, tables, appendices, etc.) and must have 2.5 cm (1 inch) margins on all sides, with a font no smaller than 12pt set in Times New Roman.
- The submission(s) must be anonymous and not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way (be sure to remove metadata from the file).
- Authors should specify whether they would like to be considered for oral or poster presentation, or for both.
- Abstract must be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair by September 8 (23:59 CET), 2019.
- Abstracts not complying with these guidelines may be excluded from the reviewing process.
You can access the EasyChair call here.
Submit your abstract directly here.
As usual for ConSOLE editions, accepted authors (both oral and poster presentations) will have the opportunity to submit to the proceedings of ConSOLE. Further information about the proceedings will be provided shortly after the conference.