Dal sito https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=C0000956575P&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fGB&site=VjItRG9OVktVYS9CQ3J3RmtmaHoxaFpSQT09&career_job_req_id=12834&selected_lang=en_GB&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=0CY8wcToo3kOCADrVAn9Xg2BaE0%3d
Career Opportunities: Post-doctoral assistant (12834)
Req ID 12834 – Posted 18/11/2019 – Assistant academic staff – 100% – Faculty of Arts and Philosophy – LW06 – Linguistics
Job Description Print Preview
→ Apply until 10/12/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department LW06 – Linguistics
→ AAP temporary appointment – 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201909/LW06/DA/011
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in the field of linguistics. You will publish in leading journals and books.
- You will be actively involved in the research activities of one or more research groups within the department of Linguistics;
- You will assist in teaching activities concerning Italian and Latin linguistics at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- You will take part in the services for the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in Latin or Italian linguistics, or an equivalent recognised diploma (the conditions of your qualification must be fulfilled on your appointment) . For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted high-level scientific research in the field of linguistics for both languages, as demonstrated by a thesis (bachelor or master level) or by contributions at national and international conferences and by publications in international journals that use peer-review or contributions in books with leading scientific publishers.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Italian (CEFR level: C1/C2);
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate.
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
- Teaching experience in the field of Italian or Latin linguistics would be an asset;
- Your research can be integrated into one or more of the research groups of the Linguistics Department (see http://www.taalkunde.ugent.be/onderzoek);
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which will not be renewed. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 3 February 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via http://www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Claudia Crocco (Claudia.Crocco@UGent.be, +32 9 264 95 92).