The 6th edition will address the topics of oral communication and plurilingualism.
We welcome contributions that deal with orality and spoken language, focusing in particular on oral communication in connection with:
- territorial multilingualism; this could also include aspects related to migration;
- the positioning of speakers from a sociolinguistic or variational linguistic perspective;
- communicative acts within a specific genre of private or institutional communication, e.g. family talk, communication with public authorities, medical practitioners, at school or university etc.;
- the linguistic features of spoken language from a phonetic-phonological, lexical, morphological, syntactical, pragmatic, or interactional point of view; this may also include a contrastive perspective;
- the learning and teaching of oral competences in the first, second or foreign language;
- methodological challenges in research on oral communication and spoken language.
Different languages and varieties in the Alpine region will provide the focal points of the workshop; however, the workshop is also open to related topics and projects.
The complete programme will be provided in April 2020.
31.01.2020 Deadline of abstract submission
02.03.2020 Notification of acceptance
01.03.2020 Registration opens
04.-05.06.2020 6th LRI Workshop